Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Saltwater Tank



So I decided to bust out my camera and get some way cool pictures of my saltwater fish tank. I've had this tank about a year and a half so it has gotten pretty well established. I have several fish and TONS of random life growing in this tank.



These are the Mushroom Coral that randomly started growing one day about a year ago, and they are doing really well. Just to the left of them you can see one of my Margarita snails in its purple shell.



This is my Yellow Clown Goby Cap''m' and yes, I know his name is completely not grammatically correct, but its ok. He's come to terms with it :) He does not have a swim bladder so he often sucks to the side of the glass, especially to let me know he is hungry!



This here is Franky and he is the first saltwater fish that I ever got! He is a Firefish and very gorgeous. He is actually quite skittish though and will either dig little holes in the sand to hide in or find a great place in a rock to hide.



I have no idea what these things are! however, they started growing within the first week of me getting the aquarium and have established this little colony. All I can tell is that they pull in little bits of food with their tentacle thingies.



And this is Othello. He is a Black and White False Percula and is extremely protective of his tank. Especially if anything gets near his anemone! Whenever I clean the tank, I have him constantly attacking me, which doesn't hurt, but still drives me nuts!

5 comments:

the straz fam said...

Wow! I didn't realize how cool your tank was! I guess the photos you showed me on your cell phone just didn't do it justice. : ) Your fish are so cool and I LOVE the anenome!!!

Anonymous said...

I actually was just thinking about you tank a few days ago...saw something on Craig's list that made me wonder. I can't believe it is growing so much. I really like your fish and think its way cool!

the straz fam said...

ummm...OF COURSE Cassidy saw something on Craigslist that made her think of you!!! If you have a son Cassidy you should definitly name him Craig - it would be the perfect cherry on top of your Craigslist obsession! ; )

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved your fish and puppy pictures. Can't believe we'll be there in a little over a week to see them ourselves. Of course meeting Mike (and hugging you) will be the icing on the cake. Call me sometime when you aren't busy so we can talk. Love you bunches - mom

Anonymous said...

hey It's Tim, That tank is awesome! I like your fish too!